Monday, May 7, 2012

Faith and Nature

For the first time in a very long time, I have had to produce a CV.  A really interesting and potentially soul destroying task.  For the last two months, I have been faithfully calling and then sending my CV to a whole range of potential employers, with very little result.  And then yesterday one of the Recruiters called me, and offered his help in rewriting the CV to suit his specific Client.  It took me two days to deprogram myself, and deliver something that he felt had a chance to be read and recognised. He worked tirelessly, explaining what he wanted, helping me to see where I had made assumptions, glossed over potentially job-winning information, and had been too self depreciating.
The whole process made me wonder if there are more people like me out there, Mind-locked into their own experience, unable to self-promote, scared of over selling themselves.
If there are, please email me, and I will pass on all the information Brian Kelly so graciously gave to me.
Nature tells us that there is always something out there we don't know - faith is what we have in each other that we will do the right thing for each other.
Brian had faith in me, a voice at the end of a phone, and I thank him for it.  It has made a real difference as to how I see and feel about myself.
Can I do the same for you?

No comments: